Free Scran Site
Title: Main gateway of the Old Fort, which was built in 1690 and re-erected over the entrance to the local burial ground, 'The Craigs', in 1896. The 79th Cameron Highlanders were raised here by Sir Allan Cameron in 1793
Scran ID: 000-000-122-052-C
Resource Rights Holder: Newsquest (Herald & Times)
Click "Buy" to purchase a high resolution image, or take out a subscription to see the full Scran web site.