The Scran web site conforms at level AA to the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0, meaning wherever possible we satisfy all level 2 priorities.
All features on Scran should meet AA levels on accessibility and, wherever possible, features should meet AAA level.
View the W3C guidelines
Some of the features which make this site more accessible are:
- Alternative text is available for all images
- The site uses an accessible colour scheme and a high contrast alternative colour scheme is available (through My Stuff)
- A large text version of the site is available (through My Stuff)
- A text only version of the site is available and the standard version is fully readable without CSS turned on
- Layout of content is controlled using CSS wherever possible
- The site validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional
This site uses a setup that matches most recommendations on access keys:
1 — Home Page
2 — Skip to News
3 — Site Map
4 — Search field focus
5 — Advanced Search
6 — Help
9 — Contact information
0 — Access Key details
N — next results page or next record when viewing records
P — previous results page or previous record when viewing records
S — select the first record in a results page
B — back to the results page when viewing records
< — jump to previous X records (same as pressing '<<')
> — jump to next X records (same as pressing '<<')
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down Alt key, press the character key, release both, then press ENTER.
- Firefox: Hold down Alt and Shift keys and press the character key.
- Mozilla, Netscape 7+ and Internet Explorer 4: Hold down Alt key and press the character key.
Mac OS X
- Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 7+, Safari, Omniweb and Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down Ctrl key and press the character of access key.
- Konqueror: Hold down Ctrl key and press the character of access key.