Secondary News for August
We are working on the roll out of a number of new facilities and new resources over the summer. We have been working hard on the preparation of new Pathfinders and specific teaching resources for a wide range of secondary subjects, including new resources for Art and Design, History, Design and Technology and Citizenship.
HAVE YOU LOOKED AT ...?
ART AND DESIGN
Treasures of the Contemporary Art Collection – University of St Andrews (Project Number 933)
This project looks at contemporary artworks from leading Scottish artists held by the University. It includes etchings, screen prints and lithographs, by such diverse artists as Elizabeth Blackadder and William McCance. Have a look at these fabulous images by visiting the Projects Page under “Search” and using the keyword “ St Andrews ” – the project is numbered 933.
Scran has numerous resources that support the teaching of GEOGRAPHY. Try out some of the suggested searches to begin exploring what Scran has on offer!
All of these searches begin from the drop down menu at the top of every page.
- Click on explore > pathfinders > places to find a selection of pathfinders on the following topics: Towns and Cities, Districts, Islands, Countryside.
- Click on explore > pathfinders > nature to find a selection of pathfinders on the following topics: Environment, Weather, Land.
- Each of these topics has a list of individual pathfinders, simply click on a link to explore further.
- Scran has a massive amount of aerial views – both photographs and video clips. Search for aerial views, and the area you are interested in.
- Remember that all resources are copyright cleared for use in your classroom!
Of course, topics of your own choice can be explored and illustrated with Scran images and information.
Try these searches:
- Arable Farming
- Renewable Energy
- Wind Power
Receive our monthly newsletter by email:
To subscribe: mailto:email@example.com?body=subscribe secondary
We welcome your comments, questions and news items. Please send them to: